Tracey aka my rockin' travelling companion and I just got in the door from quite possibly the most fun I've had all year. If that's possible. We decided to step outside the box in a big big way and just google "karaoke cincinnati saturday" and here's what popped up. Some pissant honkytonk called "Hangovers" about 20 miles from our hotel. Okay, yeah, that's far (considering we'd just driven about 11 bullshit hours with a freakishly long wait at the border, but we didn't care. We'd been listening to hokey country radio the whole way and it turns out Tracey and I have TONS of musical tastes in common, right down to fromage country and Tupac Shakur. Lord love a duck.
Well we just rocked our socks off. I sang five songs and danced 6000 steps. Sitting and driving all day is a wee bit taxing, so it was nice to just DANCE. You know how I love to DANCE! And we laughed and laughed and laughed and hobnobbed with the locals and I am just SPENT.
I sang:
Strawberry Wine / Deanna Carter
Rock N Roll Dreams Come True / Meatloaf
Cowboy, Take Me Away / Dixie Chicks
Me & Bobby McGee / Janis Joplin (this one brought the house down... it was AWESOME!)
and for my encore:
Lose Yourself / Eminem
It's 2:30 am.
So yeah, I'll update more in the morning, perhaps. :)
Grateful for:
-- Tracey
-- Ed, Brett, Wayne, Jamie and all the fun guys at Hangovers
-- that Carrie Underwood song and the eerieness of hearing it twice in one night
-- a nice clean warm bed
__
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL @ "Strawberry Wine!" DH won a bottle of Strawberry Hill Boone's Farm wine at a Secret Santa/White Elephant gift exchange last weekend. Maybe we'll crack open that bottle if you make it to Houston!
Post a Comment