Thursday, December 21, 2006

New York City: Dec 16-18 2006

Just prior to my planned trip to NOLA, I got an opportunity to go to New York City to see a taping of the Colbert Report (my absolute favourite show). I couldn't resist. I was going to fly down for the THE DAY (hotels in NYC are crazy expensive) but it was Nick's birthday on the 20th, and he'd always wanted to go. His boyfriend offered to pay for a hotel for us as his birthday gift, so we ended up making a weekend of it. I had an absolute ball. We got to see Times Square, Fifth Ave., the subways, the WTC site, Central Park, Battery Park, Lower East Side, a free improv comedy show in Chelsea featuring some of the cast of SNL and a lot lot more.

I made a few videos of the trip. Here they are in order:

Our teensy weensy plane:



********************

Take off:



********************

Madcap crowds at Rockefeller Center:



********************

Broadway & 51st (Latin Dance shoes!)



********************

A combo video of some of the sites (I learned how to merge short clips into one longer one) including some messed up scenes of our hotel room at the end (couldn't figure out movie maker!! LOL)



********************

Combo video Part Two (including WTC site and Chrysler Bldg)



***

No comments: