The other day in the car, Tracey and I were having one of our long philosophic conversations about life, the universe and everything, when I accidentally mixed my metaphors. We were talking about how the people we'd met in NOLA took such a big bite out of life, and tended to make lemonade out of lemons. But I accidentally said made mountains out of molehills. We both started howling and then said, "Make mountains out of lemons" and I got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing at that one.
Later that night, at the hotel, I lucked into an episode of Iron Chef: America that I hadn't seen... it was BATTLE CITRUS. And yes, there was a mountain of lemons! LOL Bobby Flay is da bomb. Ahem.
My new phrase for 2007 will be "Take a big bite out of the mountain of lemons". Appropos, non?
***
I got home at about 10 pm last night -- drove Tracey to Toronto and sadly bid farewell to my travelling companion extraordinaire-cum-dear friend. I couldn't have asked for a nicer person to spend two weeks with, seriously. I drove to my parents' house to give them their gifts, but mom was out with my Aunt Pauline, so I ended up spending a couple of hours with my dad, which was nice. I showed him all the videos, as he doesn't have the internet, so hadn't seen them. He was spellbound by the Mad World one, as well as the gutting ones. I brought him a Times-Picayune paper and mom a box of pralines. Left the Mardi Gras beads and the boa for Am (she was born on Mardi Gras... her claim to fame!) and came home and yakked with Jenny for a long long time about how good it is to be alive.
I took a down day today -- ran some errands (picked up new ballroom dancing shoes I bought of eBay!) and got some groceries. Got a season of Twilight Zone which was on hold for me at the library, and now I'm home under the DISASTER BLANKET and about to hunker down for the remainder of the day. I'm going to put the remaining videos together in the coming days. I think I need I day to just lay in bed and digest it all.
Grateful for
-- Stanley and Eli
-- my family
-- no car troubles
-- new lease on life
-- groceries!
__
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment