I'm coming to you from MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE!
Tracey and I actually decided late last night after all our roommates left that it was time for us to leave too. We cut our volunteer time short by a day, but our hearts weren't in it without the crew and about 300 new volunteers were due to arrive anyhow.
We spent the morning in the French Quarter getting coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde. We picked up some pralines for our moms and headed to Natchez, Mississippi. Several people told us that it was a good place to go and we believed them. LOL! It was nice, and we had lunch there at Fat Mama's Tamales. We took the Natchez Trace to Jackson, and then the highway to Memphis. The Natchez Trace is a phenomenal route, and I'm so glad we took it. We saw baby deer, a gaggle (?) of wild turkeys (which we had to brake for!) as well as some gorgeous birds and what appeared to be an armadillo or a hedgehog. Heh heh.
We were both so tired from a long day of driving, and kind of existentially exhausted from the week in NOLA. Not in a bad way, but in a way that defies description. It's a really overwhleming experience. Melissa, Jaymie and Zach called us while we were in the car, and they were STILL en route to Jersey. A full 24 hours later. Wow. It was *sooo* nice to hear from them.
When we went back to the car to collect our bags once we got to Memphis, I muttered that the car smelled like ass. Or more specifically, blue cheese and hippies. Tracey and I couldn't stop laughing at that one. The car *was* full of blue cheese and hippies a few days prior, after all. And we both had to drop a deuce, so we laughed about that. Heartily. That one NEVER stops being funny!
I'm compiling and uploading the videos to YouTube as we speak. They are large files, and I'm way behind because I didn't get Jaymie's amazing gutting ones done yesterday, so now I'm two days behind. I got the amazing video of "Mad World" uploaded, but the link isn't live yet. Check user "montyollie" at YouTube if you are in a hurry, otherwise I'll embed it here tomorrow.
I'm off to bed. Clean sheets. A double bed. What a concept.
***
Grateful for:
-- the moon
-- a full heart
-- a clean body, soul and mind (hot showers rock!)
-- Natchez Trace
-- Graceland tomorrow
__
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment